"A Canadian court has lifted a 12-year-old girl's grounding, overturning her father's punishment for disobeying his orders to stay off the Internet, his lawyer said Wednesday.
The girl had taken her father to Quebec Superior Court after he refused to allow her to go on a school trip for chatting on websites he tried to block, and then posting "inappropriate" pictures of herself online using a friend's computer."
WHAT? Are you kidding me? This man wasn't beating his kid with a lead pipe, he was grounding her from the computer because she went out of her way to defy his rules, put in place for her protection. He was actually being a concerned, involved parent, and there are damned few of them these days.
What knob took this case on? And more importantly: how the hell did he win it?
The way I see it, one or more of the following options must be true:
- this judge has no children
- this judge was toilet trained at gunpoint and resists any form of discipline
- this judge does copious amounts of crack
- this judge seeks to champion the rights of online pedophiles everywhere
- this judge sucked her way to the bench as brains and common sense are clearly lacking.
I am really at a loss here folks, I cannot understand this ruling. Any thoughts?