Sunday, July 19, 2009

Beautiful

For the longest time I had my life planned out. I was going to be a Marine Biologist when I grew up: move to Vancouver, work at the aquarium and swim with the Orcas. However, I also had thoughts of becoming a puppeteer (and work with Jim Hensen), an environmental lawyer, and an anthropologist but none of those flights of fancy came to fruition either. The marine biologist dream lasted the longest though, from about the age of 9 to 16, and it is the one I still think about often. The one I always wonder about. Especially when I see videos like this:


Absolutely stunning.

It was shot at the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium in Japan. The main tank called the ‘Kuroshio Sea’ holds 7,500-cubic meters of water. Whale sharks and manta rays are kept amongst many other fish species in the main tank

1 comment:

Jay said...

That is so remarkable! notonly for the beauty of the fish seen with out a wet suit but for the diversity of critters and also for the techno loginal feat of containing that much water and in a balance that allows the fish to flourish.
I think that inspiring students , as you do, is also a great career choice.