Monday, July 30, 2007

Harry Potter! I have got it, but can I read it in time?

I have got it! The latest Harry Potter Installment! I have been avoiding the news, internet sites, and conversations that might ruin this final foray into the world of Hogworts, Muggles, enchantments and spells. If I didn’t have a little boy to take care of I would insert a catheter, hook myself up to an IV and lock myself in my room to read. However I do have a little guy, one who is sharking around my legs as I write this (it is bottle time).

Instead, I will read it in installments, minutes stolen during naptime, between loads of laundry and supper preparations. Anyone want a baby for a few days? Ok, 24 hours, that is all I would need. Anyone?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

But the beauty of this is, you are now forced to slow down, savor the little moments you get with the book--an expanded experience reading the book rather than slamming through it and having it all end too soon. ;)

walkergirl said...

I'm with Jen. I'm only on Book 5 and I'm not rushing. So far I've stayed away from all the spoilers :)

Shelby said...

I haven't read any of them - but understand they're quite addictive.

take care and happy wednesday :)

Jo said...

I'm not reading it until I know I can sit back and savour it. I might take it on my next camping trip or wait for the weather to turn cold and read it curled up in front of the fireplace. I save good books all the time for just the right moment. I am avoiding all HP talk/sites/posts etc.