Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Now That's a Gingerbread House

Barry over at Rock Recipes has done it again! He has created one of the most stunning pieces of edible art I have ever seen. This year Barry features a house on Gower Street, in St John's to act as the muse for his latest Gingerbread creation. The result makes me homesick, and a little hungry! When I think of St. John's I think of these types of homes, with their brightly coloured exteriors and large windows. The colourful splash of these townhouses, or the large heritage homes, have become an iconic image for the city.

For those of you who are lucky enough to live and work in the city, Barry is allowing this yummy concoction to be raffled for a fundraiser to benefit Bishop Field School in downtown St. John's. Tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5 and will be available from the school or on Sunday evenings at the Avalon Mall flea market.

3 comments:

SNiP said...

wow!
That is so amazing! my jaw dropped when I saw the picture

nadinebc said...

I know it is amazing!

MW said...

Hi!

I discovered your blog recently and wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying reading it.

Thanks for the link to Rock Recipes. It is a fantastic site.